Suffering from Pregnancy incontinence in women is quite common. Recurrent urination is the early sign of pregnancy incontinence, and it is a common symptom during and post-pregnancy. Women often complain about their suffering from different types of incontinence.
Types of Urinary Incontinence
Women suffer from different types of urinary incontinence.
- Leakage of urine due to pressure on the bladder is known as stress continence.
- When the bladder gets contracted, a pregnant woman often feels the urge to urinate.
- Women also suffer from mixed incontinence, a combination of stress and urgency to incontinence.
- A pregnant woman needs to go under different types of medications, and this is called transient incontinence.
Reasons for Pregnancy Incontinence
The common causes of this suffering are mentioned below.
- The primary reason for pregnancy incontinence is stress. Women will suffer the sudden leakage while they cough, laugh, exercise or sneeze. These cause extra pressure on your bladder. Besides, your baby also creates extra pressure on your bladder.
- Many times women will also feel this incontinence due to changes in the hormone. Changes in hormones also affect on bladder and urethra.
- Sometimes if a woman suffers from specific conditions like diabetes, anxiety, stroke, etc they can also suffer from pregnancy incontinence.
- Women who suffer from UTI or Urinary Tract infections often face the problem of urinary incontinence.
How to Manage?
Women need the basic guideline to get healed from pregnancy incontinence. Here women need to schedule bathroom breaks, and doctors suggest a woman visit the washroom at least once in two hours.
Women are also suggested to opt for kegel exercise. This exercise will help them to strengthen the pelvic floor.
Regular practice of this exercise will help to avoid leakage. Here women are suggested to take guidance from the doctors or experts.
About Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist, Uro Surgeon & Andrologist (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India.