At present, many individuals are suffering from obesity. Women who suffer from obesity, many times they can suffer from Fertility issues. It has been noticed that due to obesity, the female can have infertility.
What should be the ideal weight?
The ideal weight of a person depends on the Body Mass. Women who want to conceive need to check their body mass index and accordingly need to maintain their weight.
Co-relation between overweight and fertility in women
Many women are unaware of how overweight affects fertility in them. Overweight can cause
- Hormonal imbalance. Obesity has a direct impact on the hormones Leptin and Insulin. It also affects sex hormones adversely.
- Obesity can cause a problem with ovulation. This creates a problem in releasing an egg from the ovaries.
- Menstruation disorder is another big issue caused due to being overweight.
- If a woman suffers from obesity, she can face problems relating to assisted reproduction.
- Today, many women suffer from PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and this is mainly caused due to obesity.
Co-relation between overweight and fertility in men
Many have the misconception that being overweight can only affect the reproductive system in women. However, it is not true, and men also suffer from fertility issues due to obesity. The complications relating to obesity that a man can face are mentioned below.
- Men also suffer from Hormonal imbalances.
- Men can suffer from low sperm count. As per research, it has been noticed that almost 39% of men suffer from low sperm count. This can cause fertility issues in men.
Tips to follow for the right weight
So, Women who are planning to get pregnant need to opt for maintaining a healthy weight. Women should take a balanced diet, and their meals should include vegetables, fruits, wholegrain, bread, milk, yogurt, cheese, etc. In addition, women need to stay away from taking alcohol and sugary drinks.
About Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education from one of the top colleges with MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years.
Urolife provides you with all kinds of Urological Treatment Services such as Kidney Stones Treatment, Bladder Stones Treatment, Prostate Cancer Treatment, Kidney Cancer Treatment, and Urinary Tract Infection Treatment, RIRS Surgery, and PCNL Surgery for Kidney Stone Removal and Andrological Treatment Services such as Erectile Dysfunction Treatment, Sexology Therapy, Penile Enlargement Services, and Premature Ejaculation Treatment, Varicocele Surgery.