PCNL Surgery for Kidney Stone Removal
This methodology is an option in contrast to a ureteroscopy. With a PCNL methodology, the urologist makes a 1 cm entry point in the back or side of the midsection. A nephroscope is gone through the cut to the stone area.
With this degree, little stones can be physically separated. Assuming, be that as it may, the stones are huge, they may be said a final farewell to ultrasonic, electrohydraulic, or laser-tipped tests before they can be removed (known as PCNL with laser lithotripsy). A cylinder might be embedded into the kidney for waste.
How PCNL Done ??
At first, cystoscopy is finished. This includes a section of a slim, lit, telescope through your urine passage, to see within the urethra and the bladder. At that point, a fine (ureteric) catheter is passed by the side of the stone into the kidney. This is utilized to infuse differentiation to imagine the subtleties of the kidney during the PCNL.
Contingent upon the stone, renal life structures, and patient portrays, your Specialist may choose to do supine or inclined PCNL. In supine PCNL, you will lie on the back with little tilt to the opposite side, though in inclined PCNL you will lie on the stomach. In both the strategies, a 1 cm cut is made in the back, over the locale of the kidney. Through this little cut, a track is made into the kidney to arrive at the stone. The whole cycle is guided by x-beam pictures.
Regardless of whether it will be one single entry point or multiple, relies on the number of stones, their position, and the life systems of the kidney itself. When a track is set up, an endoscope is passed into this track, and into the kidney to envision the stone and eliminate it. Stones are broken by various techniques. On the off chance that the track is exceptionally little, stones are broken by laser.
When the technique is finished, a tube is left through this tract, as waste, for a couple of days.
When would PCNL Surgery be Recommended by Surgeon/Doctor?
This medical procedure would be suggested as a therapy of decision, on the off chance that
- you have different kidney stones, bigger than 2 cm kidney stones,
- greater than 1 cm upper ureteric stones,
- When other methods have failed to show results for removing the kidney stone like ureteroscopy (see underneath) or ESWL (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy).
- Renal stones which are viewed as difficult to break (having Hounsfield units more prominent than 1000 HU) are additionally ideally treated by PCNL.
This method is likewise performed following the disappointment of different modalities of therapy, for example, clinical treatment, ESWL, and so forth, for renal and upper ureteric stones.
Risk after Surgery :
It ranges from 90 to 95%. This really relies on the size, number, and area of these stones.
- – In some cases, if the usable time goes past 3 hours or there is discharge in the kidney during cut
- – there is draining causing a drop in blood pressure, the methodology would be halted and all things considered, the second strategy would be arranged following 2-3 days.
- – Little stone pieces may remain and they will typically drop at the appropriate time of time.
Care and Recovery option After Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) Surgery:
After the surgery, you would need to take ideal consideration.
- You would be endorsed with pain control drugs to control the mild pain which may create at the nephrostomy tube site.
- Showering is permitted after a medical procedure, yet ideal consideration should be taken down.
- In addition, you would be limited to specific exercises to limit the danger of blood coagulation.
- The movement to be restricted when lying or sitting in bed, climbing steps and driving must be maintained a strategic distance from for in any event 2-3 weeks post-surgery.
- Besides, you additionally need to take appropriate consideration of the nephrostomy cylinder to guarantee quicker and legitimate recuperating of the kidney.
Why Choose Urolife Clinic, Pune?
- We have qualified Surgeons who have treated various Patients with urological related conditions.
- We have our own analytic focus to analyze the real issue and to fix it successfully.
- Ordinary Follow-ups are done through our clinical agents.
- No holding up time, Book your appointment now with our master to get instant treatment.
- The expense of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Surgery or PCNL Treatment is nearly less.
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – PCNL Surgery for Kidney Stone Removal in Pune
Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education from one of the top colleges with MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years.
Urolife provides you all kinds of Urological Treatment Services such as Kidney Stones Treatment, Bladder Stones Treatment, Prostate Cancer Treatment, Kidney Cancer Treatment, and Urinary Tract Infection Treatment, RIRS Surgery and PCNL Surgery for Kidney Stone Removal and Andrological Treatment Services such as Erectile Dysfunction Treatment, Sexology Therapy, Penile Enlargement Services, and Premature Ejaculation Treatment, Varicocele Surgery.
Typical symptoms of bladder stones include: lower abdominal pain, which can often be severe (men may also have pain in or around their penis) pain or difficulty when peeing. peeing more frequently (particularly at night)
Being an IT Development professional, it is very difficult to manage the work & lifestyle at the same time. As time passed, the workload became mostrous & so the stress. Many problems & health issues started sprouting. The body started reacting. I started feeling problems with sexual life. It was erection related. On the suggestion of a good friend of mine and after researching through practo, I decided to give it a try. After consultation & correct treatment, of course with regular follow-up, I am feeling much better and have recovered very well. I thank you Dr. Irfan Shaikh for being such understandable and patient with me. It was a very good experience with you. I recommend this doctor.
It was my 2012 when I was detected with kidney stones. Since, then I had 3 recurrences, 5 surgeries, and 2 times incomplete stone clearance. It was 6th time, I was about to go under the knife. I was totally frustrated & fed up with the hospital smell. This time, I wanted a solid solution with 100% assurance of clearance. I consulted at least 5-6 doctors before choosing one. Many of them were unsure of results, as I have a tendency for recurrence. So, in the process, I met Dr. Shaikh with reports. I was expecting the same words. But, I didn’t have a chance. He was quite sure about stone clearance. I felt relaxed & happy, as there was the hope of a solution. Then, after thorough consultation and planning, He operated on me. At end of the surgery, I had 3 things, 10 mm stone, 100% stone clearance, and Happy life. I thank Dr. Irfan from bottom of my heart. He was like an angel to me. It now 2 years from my last surgery, I living a pain-free life. I will definitely recommend any kidney stone patient who is suffering from stone. Thank you
During my 2nd pregnancy, suddenly, I started feeling back pain. At the start, it was mild, so I ignored it. But, with time, It was growing. It was making me restless. I met my gynac, she predicted, it might be stone. & her worry was true. 6mm stone in Kidney. I visited 2 kidney stone specialist, but couldn’t found them satisfactory. I met Dr. Shaikh, in Bharati Hospital. He listened to me carefully & Complete. He suggested to me some good routine and plan to operate my stone, as it was not possible to operate during pregnancy. His plan & routine made my pain & life bearable. Immediately, after delivery, I underwent surgery & found a grown stone of 8 mm. It was a huge relief. I really appreciate Dr. Shaikh for his understanding, behavior & skills. Thank you doctor for saving me from horrible pain & restless life.