Sexologist Treatment in Pune
There are various factors responsible for the sexual problems faced by an individual. We provide personalized solutions to people based on their problems. No two patients are treated in the same way. Dr. Irfan Shaikh is a Famous Sexologist in Pune who’s known for treating patients of all age groups. Your search for a good Sexologist in Pune ends at Urolife. We also provide counseling sessions for long hours if required. You can feel free to open up with us as we ensure complete privacy. Dr. Irfan Shaikh is the best Andrologist in Pune. He has founded Urolife with a mission to provide affordable healthcare to everyone. He offers one-on-one counseling for all kinds of sexual issues. Alongside we also provide treatment for psychological issues like anxiety disorder, psychotic disorder, personality disorder, and other addictive disorders.
Sexology Therapy Sessions
Sex therapy sessions are a way of treating sexual issues by sharing your feelings, experiences, and worries. When you talk it out with a therapist, you’ll be given solutions or ways to help improve your sexual experiences in the future. Sexual therapy sessions are helpful and are more like psychotherapy, it treats the mental blockages that interfere with your sexual life. The therapist usually talks with you or your partner about everything related to your sexual life. You need to be transparent during the conversations as that’ll help the therapist to treat you better.
After each therapy session, you’ll have to work on a few things as per the therapist’s suggestions.
How Should You Consult the Doctor for your Sexology Therapy??
Sexual therapy sessions are interrogation sessions between the doctor and the couple. For that reason, you need to keep the following things in mind
● Discuss the problem with your partner.
● Be mentally prepared to answer all types of questions that the therapist may ask.
● Be ready with the set of doubts or questions that you need to ask the therapist.
It’s important to have a fulfilling sex life to keep your blood pressure, heart health, and stress in check. So, don’t hesitate or shy away from opening up with your therapist.
Sexual problems may seem silly at first but it leads to serious complications and ruins the relationship. Book your appointment with the therapist and resolve the issue at the earliest.
Why Dr. Irfan Shaikh?
● Dr. Irfan Shaikh is a consultant urologist & Uro Surgeon.
● One of the Top Sexologists in Pune, Dr. Irfan Shaikh has over 11 years of experience in the field of Urology and Sexology.
● At Urolife, we try our best to solve sexual problems without any surgical procedure as your well-being is our top priority.
● We also provide sexual counseling and education to couples.
● Our Sexologist Clinic is the most affordable one of all the clinics in Pune.
● Our way of treating patients involves more of counseling than medication as the psychological issues are the root cause of the majority of sexual problems.
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Best Sexologist Treatment in Pune
Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education from one of the top colleges with MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years.
Urolife provides you all kinds of Urological Treatment Services such as Kidney Stones Treatment, Bladder Stones Treatment, Prostate Cancer Treatment, Kidney Cancer Treatment, and Urinary Tract Infection Treatment, RIRS Surgery and PCNL Surgery for Kidney Stone Removal and Andrological Treatment Services such as Erectile Dysfunction Treatment, Sexology Therapy, Penile Enlargement Services, and Premature Ejaculation Treatment, Varicocele Surgery.
Medical science has advanced considerably particularly in the last decade. These advances have greatly improved our understanding of the course of the stone disease and the management of this ailment has undergone revolutionary changes. This knowledge has further been helpful in the prevention and treatment of stone disease.
Various factors play a role in the formation of kidney stones in a susceptible individual. These factors are diet, water intake, urinary output, climate, occupation, and heredity, radical, and family background.
- Diet- Ingestion of excessive amounts of calcium, oxalates, purines (uric acid), phosphates, and other elements often results in excessive excretion of these components in the urine. The stone formation can be precipitated by a high intake of calcium in the form of milk, ice creams, cheese, chocolates, cocoa, calcium-containing drugs, or vitamin D.
- Water Intake and Urinary Output- It has been well established that increased water intake and increased urinary output decrease the incidence of urinary stones in patients predisposed to the disease.
- Climate- High environmental temperature increases sweating, which may result in increased concentration of urine. This hyper concentration may contribute to stone formation.
- Occupation- The stone disease is more likely to be found in individuals with sedentary occupations like professionals and managerial class rather than unskilled and partly skilled laborers.
- Genetic Disorders- Like Gout, Cystinuria, primary Oxaluria, metabolic disorders like a bowl, endocrine, and kidney problems that increase blood and urine calcium and oxalates can promote the tendency for stone formation. Other rarer conditions like rickets, hyperparathyroidism, and demineralization of bone may lead to stone formation.
- Obstruction and Infection- Due to stricture or enlarged prostate may cause stagnation of urine leading to stone formation. Chronic infection in the kidney may also allow stone formation around the debris in the urine.
In stone belts, where the disease is endemic, it is the hot dry climate and the high content of calcium in the hard water and in the food grown in the soil that leads to stone formation. In areas where this disease is not endemic, in most cases, no cause can be detected and it may be the tendency of the kidneys in the individual to form urine of high calcium or urate content. In some, it may be due to a period of negligence in the intake of adequate fluids worsened by excessive sweating.
Stones form due to many reasons
Common causes of the stone formation are:
- Supersaturation of urine decreases intakes of water and or hot environmental conditions where there is the loss of body fluid in the atmosphere by perspiration, and in breathing.
- Urine infection where crystals deposit themselves on and around the infection-causing organism and the stone grows over the period in the supersaturated urine.
- Diet rich in oxalates, Uric acid, can increase the incidence of stone formation.
- Functional or structural obstruction of the urinary system can precipitate the stone formation. Like Pelviureteric junction obstruction, Ectopic kidney, Horseshoe kidney.
The presentation of symptoms depends upon the location, size, and shape of the stone. Many times they are symptom-free. They are called silent stones. Common symptoms are as follows:
- Sudden, severe pain- starting in the flanks and moving towards groins. Typically, described as ureteric colic and loin to groin pain
- Nausea and Vomiting.
- Blood in Urine.
- Increased Urinary frequency.
- Burning sensation on passing urine.
- Infection in Urine.
- People who tend to form stones have certain factors in common.
- Those who stay in the hot environmental condition, such as tropical areas.
- Positive family history of the stone disease in first blood relation.
- Decreases fluid intake, which reduces urine output, and forms supersaturated urine.
Yes. Water helps in flushing out the stones. But fortunately, not all stones, stones which are in the size range of 3-6 mm can be passed out with the increased intake of the water
If you find a stone, bring it to your doctor for analysis. The type of stone you have will determine the diet and prevention program your doctor recommends. You may need additional tests and X-rays in the future to ensure that new stones do not form.
Dr. Irfan Shaikh is Featured as the Best Sexologist in Pune By Pune Mirror
Book an Appointment
Being an IT Development professional, it is very difficult to manage the work & lifestyle at the same time. As time passed, the workload became mostrous & so the stress. Many problems & health issues started sprouting. The body started reacting. I started feeling problems with sexual life. It was erection related. On the suggestion of a good friend of mine and after researching through practo, I decided to give it a try. After consultation & correct treatment, of course with regular follow-up, I am feeling much better and have recovered very well. I thank you Dr. Irfan Shaikh for being such understandable and patient with me. It was a very good experience with you. I recommend this doctor.
During my 2nd pregnancy, suddenly, I started feeling back pain. At the start, it was mild, so I ignored it. But, with time, It was growing. It was making me restless. I met my gynac, she predicted, it might be stone. & her worry was true. 6mm stone in Kidney. I visited 2 kidney stone specialist, but couldn’t found them satisfactory. I met Dr. Shaikh, in Bharati Hospital. He listened to me carefully & Complete. He suggested to me some good routine and plan to operate my stone, as it was not possible to operate during pregnancy. His plan & routine made my pain & life bearable. Immediately, after delivery, I underwent surgery & found a grown stone of 8 mm. It was a huge relief. I really appreciate Dr. Shaikh for his understanding, behavior & skills. Thank you doctor for saving me from horrible pain & restless life.
It was my 2012 when I was detected with kidney stones. Since, then I had 3 recurrences, 5 surgeries, and 2 times incomplete stone clearance. It was 6th time, I was about to go under the knife. I was totally frustrated & fed up with the hospital smell. This time, I wanted a solid solution with 100% assurance of clearance. I consulted at least 5-6 doctors before choosing one. Many of them were unsure of results, as I have a tendency for recurrence. So, in the process, I met Dr. Shaikh with reports. I was expecting the same words. But, I didn’t have a chance. He was quite sure about stone clearance. I felt relaxed & happy, as there was the hope of a solution. Then, after thorough consultation and planning, He operated on me. At end of the surgery, I had 3 things, 10 mm stone, 100% stone clearance, and Happy life. I thank Dr. Irfan from bottom of my heart. He was like an angel to me. It now 2 years from my last surgery, I living a pain-free life. I will definitely recommend any kidney stone patient who is suffering from stone. Thank you