The treatment procedure for Erectile Dysfunction varies from person to person depending on the severity of the condition.
A series of tests are performed to find out the cause of erectile dysfunction.
The physical tests include checking your heart, lungs, and blood pressure. Additionally, your testicles and penis are also examined. At times, your prostate is also checked to rule out any other problem.
In the oral test, you’ll be asked various questions related to your symptoms, sexual history and health history.
Some of the commonly asked questions are
● Do you feel any problem with reaching orgasm, lack of sexual desire, or ejaculating?
● Do you wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning with erections?
● How’s your relationship? Is there any emotional turmoil?
● Do you worry or stress a lot about different things related to work or personal life?
● Do you take tobacco, cigarettes, or alcohol?
● Do you have any previous medical history?
Some other additional test may also include
● Urine test
● Blood test
● Injection test
● Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) test
All these tests are performed to detect any underlying issue. These are usually done at Men’s
Clinic for Erectile Dysfunction(ED).
After performing the tests, the treatment procedure is decided based on the reports. Erectile Dysfunction(ED) can be
treated in many ways.
Some of the treatment procedures include
● Drug Treatments
● Vacuum Devices
● Surgical Treatments
The Erectile Dysfunction(ED) specialist doctor suggests the treatment that best suits your condition.
In the initial stages, Erectile Dysfunction(ED) can be treated simply through medication and changes in the lifestyle.
In other cases, Vacuum erection devices are used to produce an erection for men who are not
willing to use drugs for the same.
In severe conditions, Penile implants and vascular surgery is the last resort to treat erectile
The duration of the treatment is different for every patient based on their condition. From taking tests to starting the treatment, it can take a couple of weeks to see the results.