Medical science has got huge advancements with varied minimally invasive surgeries. PCNL Surgery or Percutaneous nephrolithotomy is another advanced minimally invasive surgical treatment to remove kidney stones. The minimal surgery is done with a small perforation of about 1 cm on the skin.
Reasons for PCNL Surgery
People are hardly aware of whether PCNL Surgery is necessary for all patients with kidney stones.
- This surgery is recommended when one large kidney stone creates a blockage for more than one branch of the collecting system.
- PCNL is necessary to remove stones that are bigger in size than 2 centimeters.
- If there is a large stone in the passageway between the bladder and the kidney
- Doctors recommend this surgery when other medications do not work.
How to get ready before the surgery
Patients need to understand the surgical procedure and prepare themselves for this surgery.
- Patients need to consult with a physician daily to get suggestions before surgery.
- You need to undergo several physical tests before the surgery as per the doctor’s instructions.
- Patients should not eat or drink anything prior to the surgery, as guided by the doctors.
- Doctors will advise stopping taking aspirin or blood thinners before the surgery.
- Physicians will recommend making a list of current medications and showing the list to the doctors.
Steps after the PCNL surgery
Patients need to take certain precautionary measures after surgery. Patients need to stay in the hospital for one or two days after the surgery. Doctors will perform a CT scan to confirm that there are no wreckages of stones in the kidney.
Doctors will advise drinking plenty of water to flush out the blood during urination. Patients need to follow the guidance of doctors so that they can return to their normal life after a few days. Dr.Irfan Shaikh at Urolife Clinic, Pune, will guide you in every sphere during and after PCNL.
Dr.Irfan Shaikh is a well-known PCNL surgeon in Pune. His Clinic has expertized in PCNL surgery for kidney stone in Pune and is one of the best PCNL surgery specialist in Pune. visit Dr. Irfan Shaikh at Urolife Clinic, Consult Us Today!