1 in 10 People have Urge Incontinence- Let’s Talk About It
Suffering from Incontinence is not uncommon in individuals, especially elders. Once any person suffers from these issues, it creates an embarrassing situation for all. So, people need to understand what incontinence is and its causes.
What is Incontinence- A brief
Urge Incontinence is the situation of urinary leakage when the bladder muscle gets squeezed. This situation occurs at any time, no matter the quantity of urine in the bladder. The reasons for incontinence can occur due to the conditions like bladder cancer, inflammation in the bladder, stones in the bladder, infection.
Again, persons suffering from nerve problems can face the problem of urge incontinence. Again, men often face this problem due to enlarged prostate. Enlarge prostate blocks urine, and it cannot flow directly from the bladder.
Different Types of Incontinence
It has been noticed that globally at least one in ten persons suffers from urge Incontinence. So, here individuals need to understand the types of continence.
- Stress Incontinence- These leading causes of stress Incontinence are sneezing, exercising, coughing, laughing, etc.
- Urge Incontinence- This problem occurs when persons lose control of the bladder.
- Overflow Incontinence- People suffer from overflow Incontinence while they don’t empty their bladder.
- Functional Incontinence- Sometimes, people suffer from some mental and physical limitations due to which they resist themselves to go the bathrooms on time.
Check the risk factors
Individuals who suffer from urge Incontinence need to understand the risk factors involved in it.
- People will suffer from weakened muscles in the bladder.
- Pelvic floor muscles can get damaged.
- Men will suffer from an enlarged prostate.
- There is a chance of suffering from prostate or bladder cancer.
No one should ignore the problem of Urge Incontinence. This problem can cause serious health problems, and hence seeking medical assistance is necessary. Here, experts will help you in bladder training and behavioral therapy apart from other necessary medical treatments.
About Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education from one of the top colleges with MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years.
Urolife provides you with all kinds of Urological Treatment Services such as Kidney Stones Treatment, Bladder Stones Treatment, Prostate Cancer Treatment, Kidney Cancer Treatment, and Urinary Tract Infection Treatment, RIRS Surgery, and PCNL Surgery for Kidney Stone Removal and Andrological Treatment Services such as Erectile Dysfunction Treatment, Sexology Therapy, Penile Enlargement Services, and Premature Ejaculation Treatment, Varicocele Surgery.