Overactive bladder is when a person feels an urge to urinate frequently. Individuals wake up at night to urinate; this is also a cause of an overactive bladder. Persons who suffer from this problem can face huge stress, which can negatively impact life.
- The person will face urgency to urinate. Many times people cannot control the situation.
- Most of the time, people who suffer from an overactive bladder often face urinating very often.
- It often creates a situation like an urge incontinence. This is when the person will feel the leakage and urge to pee.
Let’s check the causes,
- Women often face overactive bladder due to pregnancy and post-childbirth. It is the situation where the factors can cause leakage. This situation stretches and weakens the pelvic muscle. It will cause the bladder to lose firmness.
- Sometimes, when individuals suffer from any nerve problem, their brains will get signals to empty the bladder at the wrong period. This situation will cause some trauma in individuals.
- If you take any medications, it can cause an overactive bladder problem. Overactive bladder can also get caused due to excess consumption of alcohol and caffeine.
- Obesity can also cause an overactive bladder. Your bladder often gets pressurized due to excess body weight. Hence, experts often suggest doing exercise regularly to maintain body weight.
- Women also suffer from overactive bladder due to Estrogen deficiency after their menopause.
Overactive bladder can get treated easily with proper medications and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Patients are suggested to consult with doctors regularly to get the best treatment.
About Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education from one of the top colleges with MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years.
Urolife provides you with all kinds of Urological Treatment Services such as Kidney Stones Treatment, Bladder Stones Treatment, Prostate Cancer Treatment, Kidney Cancer Treatment, and Urinary Tract Infection Treatment, RIRS Surgery, and PCNL Surgery for Kidney Stone Removal and Andrological Treatment Services such as Erectile Dysfunction Treatment, Sexology Therapy, Penile Enlargement Services, and Premature Ejaculation Treatment, Varicocele Surgery.