Renal disease or kidney disease starts lowering kidney functions. When a person suffers from kidney disease, the kidney stops filtering body wastage slowly and entirely stops working in the end.
Symptoms of Renal disease
Normally people suffering from renal disease hardly feel any symptoms during the early stages. However, people suffering from kidney ailments can face the health issues like nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue, weakness, sudden chest pain, shortness of breath, swelling of feet or anklets, etc.
Causes of kidney disease
Individuals suffer from kidney ailment when it stops functioning. Many are not aware of the real causes of kidney disease.
- A person suffering from Type 1 diabetes or Type 2 Diabetes
- A person has high blood pressure.
- If there is an inflammation in the filtration unit in the kidney.
- People are suffering from kidney stones, inflamed prostate, and cancers.
End-Stage of Renal disease
Individuals suffering from chronic kidney ailments can pass through five stages.
- In stage 2 and stage 2, people suffer from mild kidney damage, but the kidney works normally.
- Stage 3a- Here, people suffer from mild to moderate kidney damage.
- Stage 3b- The kidney does not function at its normal pace.
- Stage 4- At this stage kidney gets damaged severely.
- End-stage of stage 5 where kidney nearly stops functioning.
The End-stage of renal failure is the permanent stage of chronic kidney failure. At this stage, the kidney stops functioning, and patients need dialysis to remove waste products from the body. Patients can also opt for kidney transplantation when the kidney totally stops working.
Research reveals that people can live for at least 5 to 10 years more based on dialysis.
However, many prefer kidney transplantation to lead a normal life again. Besides having dialysis or kidney transplantation, it is necessary to follow a proper diet. Doctors instruct to avoid food added with salt, potassium, etc. You can take the suggestions from Dr. Irfan Shaikh, Pune for more information.
About Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education at one of the top colleges with MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years