Prostate laser surgery is done to get relief from the extreme urinary symptoms that happen because of enlarged prostate. A specialist will insert a scope through the tip of the penis. A laser is passed using the scope to deliver energy in order to remove or shrink excess tissue from the prostate. As a result, there will be normal urine flow like before.
Purpose of Prostate Laser Surgery
The main purpose of prostate laser surgery in Pune are:
- Prolonged urination
- Urgent or frequent need to urinate
- Facing difficulty while urination
- Starting and stopping again while urinating
- Increased urination frequency at night
- Urinary tract infection
- The feeling that some of them might experience that their bladder has not been empty after urination
Other reasons for which you might need to go for this surgery are damage in the kidney or bladder, recurring UTI, bladder stones, an inability to urinate or control urination, blood in the urine, and bladder stones.
Risks Associated With Prostate Laser Surgery
The risks associated are:
- Difficulty Urinating For A Temporary Period: People might face difficulty while urinating for a temporary period. Until you can urinate, a catheter will be inserted into the penis.
- Narrowing Of The Urethra: After prostate surgery, scars can block urine flow, leading to other treatments.
- Erectile Dysfunction: After prostate laser treatment in Pune, erectile dysfunction risk can arise.
About The Treatment
Apart from the risks, prostate laser surgery has several other advantages. They are:
- Quick Recovery: The recovery time is high, so patients do not have to stay for a long time in the hospital.
- Lower Bleeding Risks: There are fewer risks of bleeding and no chance of blood clots, etc.
Well, males can visit the nearest specialist in Pune who can assist them further with prostate laser surgery, and if you are looking for the Best Prostate laser surgery in Pune then you must visit Urolife Clinic they Provide the best service.
About Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education at one of the top colleges with an MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and an MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years.