Many men suffer from enlarged veins in the scrotum. These veins are known as varicoceles, and these enlarged veins can cause pain. As per research, it has been noticed that almost 10% of men suffer from Varicocele, and many of them are infertile. Normally men between 15 to 35 years of age suffer from this health issue.
Symptoms of varicoceles
Men who suffer from Varicocele suffer from the problems below.
- He will feel pain while standing or sitting for a long time.
- Fertility problems are common in men if they suffer from Varicocele. As per experts, there is a link between fertility problems and Varicocele.
- Men often can notice shrinkage of the testicles, and this shrinking of testicles is another sign of varicoceles.
How Varicocele affects men’s fertility
Men are hardly aware that Varicoceles affects men’s fertility, so they often opt for the treatment. So, here are the ways that Varicocele affects men’s fertility.
- Varicocele enhances the temperature of the testicles, and it affects sperm development.
- Sperm count decreases by 40% due to the rise in the temperature. Low sperm count creates an adverse effect on male infertility.
- Men who suffer from Varicocele can face DNA injury in sperm. Research shows that men with Varicocele are more likely to get damaged DNA in sperm. People without Varicocele will hardly suffer from DNA damage.
- Once the testicular gets inflamed, men will suffer from abnormal sperm count, which impacts men’s fertility badly.
- Apart from infertility, Varicocele also impacts adversely on the testosterone level. Men can suffer from low testosterone levels due to Varicocele, which can cause several health issues in men. It impacts badly on the sex drive in men.
- Once men suffer from Varicocele, he also faces the problem of lower semen quality, which adversely affects fertility.
Men can get more authentic details from Dr. Irfan Shaikh in Pune regarding all necessary details.
About Dr. Irfan Shaikh
Dr. Irfan Shaikh – Consultant Urologist & Uro Surgeon (MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. Urology), is one of the Top Urologists In Pune. A gold medalist in the department of Urology, Dr. Irfan Shaikh specializes in Female Urology in India. He has finished his education at one of the top colleges with MBBS from Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital in Pune and MS in general surgery from PGI, Chandigarh. Moreover, he has also done M.Ch in Urology from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. Having so many degrees from prestigious institutes, Dr. Irfan Shaikh ensures to treat his patients with all the knowledge that he has accumulated over the years
Leave A Comment