What is ESWL Kidney Stone Removal Surgery?
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is a procedure used to remove kidney stones by breaking them into small parts enough to pass through the urinary tract through the help of shock waves.
Dr. Irfan Shaikh is one of the Best Urologists in Pune, who has also done specialization in kidney stone treatment excels gracefully in this field through his extreme passion for his work.
People suffering from kidney stones might need this technique to get rid of the stones. This procedure is usually applied when the stones aren’t big enough to require surgery or small enough to pass through the urinary tract naturally.
There are two methods to carry out this procedure.
- The patient is positioned in a container containing lukewarm water. The exact location of the stone is marked through ultrasound or x-rays and later removed through shock waves.
- In the second method, a soft cushion or pillow is used as a medium to pass shock waves upon which the patient is placed.
The duration of this entire procedure varies between 40-60 minutes.
If you are looking for kidney stone treatment in Pune, visit Urolife Care Clinic, a kidney stone hospital in Pune, which is considered one of the best hospitals for kidney treatment in India that comprises the latest technologies and medications required to cure the patients.
There are pros and cons associated with every treatment, so is with ESWL.
- Sometimes, the stones aren’t completely removed through this treatment, and as a result, the residue might cause complications that will require further treatment.
- The patient might notice blood mixed with urine after this treatment.
- The broken stone fragments might cause pain or discomfort while passing through the urinary tract.
- The recovery period varies from person to person; however, on average, it takes about 2-3 weeks to start with your daily activities again.
- It is advised to stay hydrated so that the fragmented pieces pass through the urinary tract easily.
Urolife Care Clinic, Pune comprises several diligent professionals, including kidney stone specialists in Pune. This Clinic charges a reasonable fee in comparison to the kidney stone operation cost in Pune. Patients are provided with maximum care and support.
Leave A Comment